General Health Tips
1. Do Not smoke. If you do smoke and would like to quit, the Health & Wellness Center offers a comprehensive smoking cessation program.
2. Establish a habit of exercise and maintain a healthy weight
3. Eat balanced meals, with plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
4. Try to get 7-8 hours of sleep per night
5. ALWAYS wear your seat belt
6. ALWAYS apply sunscreen (at least an SPF 30 or greater) when outdoors
7. Keep your immunizations up to date
8. Get regular blood pressure checks
9. Protect against STI’s. If you are sexually active, use condoms.
10. Females — perform monthly breast self-exam, and a yearly breast exam
11. Males — perform monthly testicular self- exam
12. If you choose to consume alcohol after you are of legal age, do so responsibly and only in moderation
13. Get an eye exam and dental exam at least once per year