Healthcare providers at the DSU Health & Counseling Center can prescribe pharmaceuticals, as well as answer questions you might have regarding your medications, or “over the counter” products. Many medications are very expensive. Speak with a DSU Nurse Practitioner for details or programs that can help you obtain your needed prescriptions.
* The Health & Wellness Center DOES NOT stock narcotics or other controlled substances
General guidelines when taking prescribed medications
- Follow directions exactly
- Finish ALL the medication as instructed
- Do not remove medication from the labeled container
- Report any side effects to your health care provider immediately
- Disclose any allergies
- Disclose use of any over the counter, herbals or illegal substances you may be taking prior to starting any new medication.
- Never share medications
- Never take antibiotics unless instructed by your health care professional